Saturday, November 20, 2010

How much did your life change went you went from having one child to having two?

my mom swears that the hardest adjustment was going from 2 kids to 3 kids but I would think going from 1 kid to 2 kids would be even harder (financially mainly). In your experiance what do you think?How much did your life change went you went from having one child to having two?
Not much, honestly, especially when compared with the transition from 0 to 1. My older child was 3.5 years old, and pretty helpful. Finacially, it wasn't a burden at all in the first year, because we already had almost everything we needed for him, including cloth diapers, and I was already staying home, so there was almost no expense.How much did your life change went you went from having one child to having two?
We have three (7, 5, and almost 1). Our first two are only 18 months apart, so that was the biggest adjustment. Mainly because they both needed constant attention. Obviously going from zero to one is the biggest change. Fortunately we didn't have any issues financially, but I can see what you mean. I think age gaps makes a big difference in deciding which additional child is more of a change.
I went from 1 child to 2 children when my oldest was 5. This probably saved me from having it be a hard transition. The friends I have who have gone through this with much younger children have had a very hard time. It basically is like having twins. When one child is getting attention, the other child fights for attention. They often cry at the same time or cry and the other wakes up. And it also means double the diaper duty and they often nap at different times which means the days of relaxing during nap time are over.
i think it is harder going from 2 to 3. You only have two hands and you have to find a way to give all of them attention. It also depends on the age.

No comments:

Post a Comment