Monday, November 22, 2010

How can you make a change to another person life?LIKE A HOMELESS PERSON?

I watcth a movie where one dollar was giviving to a person and they gave a dollar to another person.and where one blanket was giving to a homeless,to change a life?what can you do? myself I work a local warm=line where people call wheen things go bad and some just want to talk. maybe jsut one on my words of encouagament can help.How can you make a change to another person life?LIKE A HOMELESS PERSON?
anything that you do for some one else is great. no matter how big or small.

i gave money to the fire department so that a family that lost their home can have a xmas dinner. i also donated some toys to an orphanage.

we should all be more generous. you are setting a good example for others to follow.How can you make a change to another person life?LIKE A HOMELESS PERSON?
buy them food, but don't give them money!!
Okay...Yes Homeless people are what you call ';Bums'; But there are more to homeless then meets the eye.For one they are generious for anything they get.So little can mean so much.
i can do this read what you wrote. sadly i am not in a position to be a great help to the masses i am more of the kind that would use your service

however i can pray smile and just keep breathing
When you walk by them on the street don't pretend like they are there. Make eye contact, smile at them. Can you imagine how that can lighten there day? They sit by themselves on a street all day and night. People walk by them as if they don't exist, and sometimes even ridicule them. A small smile may just brighten their day.
pray for them
Hey, there are SO many things you can do to help the homeless and impoverished!



When I was in university last year, I took a course which examined homelessness and poverty. Our final assignment was to go out on the streets and assume the life of a homeless person. It was an eye-opening experience to say the least.



The city where I come from, Winnipeg (in Canada), a little girl was the cause of an entire foundation where 100% of the funds raised went straight to the homeless and helping them along their way. One simple selfless thought that a child once had created a wave of caring and kindness big enough to raise a substantial amount of money to give those less fortunate another chance at life.





Here's something from the website of the foundation that she said:



';When I was 5 years old my mom and I saw a man eating out of a garbage can. I was very sad and felt sick about it. I asked my mom why he had to do that. I talked to my mom about homelessness a lot. Why, Why, Why I asked. If everybody shared what they had would that cure homelessness?



Then I started school and one day when I was going to school, I saw another homeless person; everything she had was in one grocery cart. Now my heart was too sad.



That night before I went to bed I wished I could cure homelessness. Everybody needs a home. I love my home. My mom told me that sometimes when you worry and feel sad about things, if you do something to change the problem, your heart won't feel so sad. She was right. I don't worry so much anymore because I know I can help and so can you.';



I hope you find it interesting - you should check out the web site!



So, as for specific things you can do to help people in need, I urge you to help out at local shelters, donate to charities catering to the homeless and impoverished (make sure to research the organization first to make sure the proceeds go directly to the cause), and if you see a homeless person on the street who is asking for change, offer to buy them coffee or food, but do not give them money. Good luck!!
watch Pay it Forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment