Wednesday, November 17, 2010

How would your life change without your computer?

My hard drive crashed last week, and I was amazed at how many times I found myself needing to look up an address, directions, recipes, etc.How would your life change without your computer?
I can remember buying my first computer wondering if it was worth it and how it could make a difference. Life without a computer... I probably wouldn't have any friends, which most of them are online and it's the only way Communicate with them. I'd be late on all my bills, and wondering how much money I have and how much I owe someone. I would be broke because I'd have to go to a retail store and buy something for triple the price that I can get it for online. I'd go nuts if I didn't have internet or a computer. We'd all be a lot dumber for sure. I'd be about 20lbs skinnier alsoHow would your life change without your computer?
I would probably need a serious intervention.



Omg..I pay all my bills thru my computer. I dont want to go back to writing checks and licking envelopes.



*kitty hugs his computer*
I don't think it would change my life, but it is handier having all those things on the computer. But I also have important addresses etc. written down elsewhere. We all lived in the times before computers, so guess we could all manage somehow if we didn't have one!
i could live without it. i would really miss it. yahoo answers is fun. airline tickets , hmmm..... if it croaked, i would replace it.
I'd be healthier.
Organization was different, no doubt.



The biggest difference to me is the incessant flow of information. Now, more than ever, we need to learn how to discern valid information from unreliable information.



When I was a kid, you got answers from books, from your parents or from teachers. You really had little other choice than to trust those sources. Today, information comes from anywhere and anyone, trustworthy or not. We need to teach our children how to tell good from bad information.
For starters, i would not be here answering random questions on yahoo answers or on facebook. Yep, the computer really makes you waste time!



At the same time its really efficient and people are able to carry out research much faster. Unless of course this whole efficient research thing leads to teachers giving you more work to do. :P



Life would be simpler.
Mine would be a lot more boring.
Isn't it the truth! So many times a day, a question or thought enters my mind, and I rush to look it up or ask my intelligent co seniors. I have learned so much since I have had a computer. I've fussed over my computer not working properly at times, threatening to pitch it out the window, but over all, what would we do without them, indeed! I suppose if I did not have one, I would read books more. I should anyway, but I have just gotten out of the habit. I need to do something about that.....someday. ;)
I would be working out more, which would be good......I would be riding my bike EVERYWHERE because then I would have the time and not get carried away on the computer...I would be at my Dojo more often (Judo).....and I would get better.
Aw geez, I'd have to watch talking heads to get news, muting commercials every two seconds. [No thanks, I don't need a Lexus in a recession regardless they're cheaper now, it's more like a fuel pump for my old Jeep, and my doctor will prescribe whatever drug you're disclaimering if I need it, and all these things for only $19.99 to help mince onions -- I cry enough -- or squeeze for storage or bake me alive steaming my floors.
I would have absolutely no idea how to apply to college. I wouldn't know what addresses to write to to ask for paper applications. I wouldn't know how to find information about financial aid or scholarships, so I probably wouldn't be going anyway. I would never drive anywhere farther than 10 minutes from my house, because I wouldn't know how to get there without MapQuest. My penmanship would improve substantially because I would have to hand-write lots of essays. I would start playing Solitaire with real cards. I would have to keep the same haircut for the rest of my life because I couldn't print pictures of what I wanted.
I think I would miss Yahoo Answers the most! Of course, without a computer I wouldn't have a job either. Twice within the past year, the power went out where I work for the entire day. No computer, no lights, no phone. All of my work revolves around the computer and contacting customers on the telephone. Couldn't even sit around and read a book because there weren't any lights. Had to close up and go home.

I guess we rely on the modern technology too much. When it doesn't work, we're lost!
I would probably find more chores to do, whether indoors or out. I

would look for things to watch at night on TV, that would teach me

something or entertain me. I probably would take a nap each day.

And I'd maybe talk on the phone again. And perhaps I would start

going along for grocery shopping once again. So I would be increasing

my activity level. And that would be better for me, than sitting at the

computer for much of every day.
There would be no life. Everything comes in and goes out of my pc, communications, money, news, etc.



Before the computer I had children and life evolved around them. Now family is all around the world, the computer is my window to the world.
I'm retired from high technology. Since retirement I have chosen to be a very low tech guy. I use my computer as a toy mostly so if it died, and it has in the past, I would get my chores done earlier and probably get ahead as opposed to playing catch-up all the time.
I had a life before computers, so if mine crashed I would still know what to do about things I need to know. What I would miss is games I like to play and getting on yahoo answers and my email. Poppy
My circle of friends would be smaller and they would be less informed. My creative juices would be diminished.
Spend more time reading books.
I know I would miss it, but I also know that I would get a lot more done if I didn't have it.
I'd probably have to take up a new hobby since I don't like to watch tv.

And I'd not get to talk to my friends as much.....it would be awful boring around here.
It wouldn't. It's nice to have, but I lived without it before, and have no problem living without it again.
wouldn't change at all I had a computer was on it too much, gave the thing away got on with life. I am using my kids computer right now cuz I'm babysitting her dog and I,m stuck in this house.
I'd be back at the library doing research for hours instead of the few minutes it takes me online.
I would be bored out of my mind. Like you I have a myriad of vital info stuffed into that hard drive - gosh, really makes one think. What WOULD I do without it? And, for the YA police - that is a rhetorical question.



Good Q.



Have a star!



CJ
It wouldn't be a hardship as I would find something else to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment