Monday, November 22, 2010

Can a single decision really change the course of my life?

Like what? Will my life change a little?...alot?


How can that be possible?


How long does it take for those kinds of choices to go into effect? In other words, what kind of time frame is necessary for a decision to go from the point of conception to the moment of truth? What if I've made the wrong choices so far? Can I re-make those old choices in this new moment or am I bound by my past mistakes?Can a single decision really change the course of my life?
Every decision which you -- or I or anyone -- makes will change our lives, of course, and the big decisions will alter them more than the small ones, naturally. That is actually what life is: the making of decisions and their consequences or rewards. However, in my instance, I have made choices which others might judge as wrong, foolish, irrational, whatever, but I have accomplished my major dream in life, my real goal, so therefore I consider that my ';mistakes'; were not that at all but were essential to my ultimate desire for my life. I suggest that you live so that you achieve your most hoped-for aspiration and not worry over the stumbles along the way!Can a single decision really change the course of my life?
Thank you for the Best Answer and my fondest wishes for a happy life for you!

Report Abuse



';From the point of conception


To the moment of truth


At the point of surrender


To the burden of proof





From the point of ignition


To the final drive


The point of the journey is not to arrive





Anything can happen...';
it did to me....I got married.....regretted that decision ever since......totally screwed up my life
My friend chose to ride his motorcycle around the block at 7:03pm one April evening. Now he's paralyzed from the midchest down.
Well yes - the paradox is that we don't know about most of those choices *winks*
We have to live with the consequences of our mistakes, but that doesn't mean you have to keep making the same mistakes.
The decision to follow Christ is life-changing. That decision completely changed my life many years ago.
We all make mistakes..You are never bound by past mistakes, but scars can remain. There are choices we make that haunt us all our lives. I don't want to sound like I am giving a morals speech..but it can be hard to change past mistakes.
Your totally not bound to your past mistakes. You want to start living a new life then do it. See for yourself if it will change everything for the better. You'll see results sooner than you expect.
it is not YOUR decisions that may change your life dramatically but the decisions other people take and influence your life, and it is luck as well.your decisions change your life up to a point.you recognize if good or bad later.REMEMBER THERE ARE 5 BILLION PEOPLE TAKING DECISIONS AROUND YOU AND YOU ARE ONE...and you are not bound by your past mistakes
:-)





Yes, but you will realise after many years








peace
every decision changes the course of your life. sometimes a little sometimes a lot. if you decide to have the fish instead of the chicken, you might have a worse night if the fish is bad. if you decide to take one job over another you might meet your new best friend there. each experience you have large or small affects you in some way. as for remaking the choices, some yes, some no. you can take back an ugly sweater with little trouble, but you can't get a divorce and expect to get back to exactly where you were before the wedding.
Yes, a single decision can change your life.





20 years ago I was at happy hour with a friend from work. We were leaving, I was sort of tired, when she asked me if I'd like to go to this new little bar down the street from her apartment.





At first I said no, I was going home before the drunks came out (being Friday night), but she insisted and I changed my mind.





At the pool table next to our table two guys were playing pool. We met and I married one of them a few years later. Been married now for 16 years.





Yep, a single decision can change your life :)
Out on the road you have a near miss, a car would have broadsided you, and possibly killed you, had you not reacted instantly and swerved just inches enough out of the way. Yes, a single decision can do a lot and it can happen within seconds.
If you get a scratch, you allow your body to heal it. But if you get wounded emotionally, you can hold onto the wound and refuse to allow it to heal. Then you are bound by it.


If you do something good and you feel joy over it, it's effect is immediate isn't it?


What you need is the proper perspective.
because Pandora opened the box we now have pain and suffering in the world.
the past doesn't matter its never too late to make changes. if we do god's will our life will turn out much different than the man who continues to sin and disobey, doesn't men there won't be trials and hurts, just means our choices in life do determine our destinies. one road leads us into sin and a hard life, the other road leads us to god, and a life where we can better handle our difficulties in life. we know when we make wrong choices, because life will be difficult, but when we obey according to god's will we will have it easier.
Yes, of course... many don't obviously, but even at my young age I'm feeling the effects of decisions I made a few years ago...
The decision to follow Christ is the single most life-changing thing you could do. In him all past sins are wiped away and through baptism, the life of God will dwell within you. This is called Grace. If you turn away from Him he will continue to pursue you until you come back to Him because He has always loved you as He is God Himself who is Love. You can then repent and again you will be in the full life of God. After baptism, your soul will be permanently marked for Him. It is up to you, with his Grace, to continue to walk with Him. In Him is true happiness and when you finally die and are in the state of Grace, you will be eternally happy forever with Him in heaven.
The top 10 moments of your life, where you are at a crossroads.





From our head office in Souix City, Iowa....





10 Ultimately, the best decision of your life, salvation gets you a ticket to heaven!!!





9 Choosing to over work gives you a heart attack or stroke, and a low quality of life.





8 Choosing the right spouse will decide if married life is heaven or ';hell on earth';.





7 Choosing a good career path will make or break your finaces!





6 Chosing a BF/GF badly gets you broken hearted.





5 Choosing promiscuous adultery gives you social disease





4 Choosing bad friends lead you astray





3 choosing to over-eat and ';veg out'; makes you a weighty ';loser';,


told 15 times a day that you are NOTHING!!!





2 Choice of a good education empowers you to succeed





1 abortion wipes your life out





little things mean a lot





#10 is the gold ticket!
The middle two letters in the famous word ';Life'; make up the infamous word ';if';.


';If'; accomplished nothing.


Procrastination is mans dreaded enemy!


Should-a, could-a, would-a are an evil set of triplets!


Throw these three in the nearest wastebasket or dumpster.





Karma within man can be destroyed easily if the formula is known and applied. Understand that nothing is ever wasted!


School is in cession! - ';May we all get passing grades!';





The point of conception and the moment of truth are synonymous. Illusion suggests to man that the opposite is true!





Eliminate the word ';Doubt'; and all things are possible.





The course of your ';Life'; is actually the ';Point'; that is needed for true self-realization.





May you be consumed by that ';Point';.








says a small ray of that sun....
Some decisions can be reversed through hard work and making the right choices right now. Some will cause an effect that you cannot reverse. (not immediately anyway). A few good examples were given by a couple of people here. The point is that you have to live in the moment and believe in yourself and you will find your way. No matter how dire your current situation is, if you don't give up right now then you made the right choice right now. It is said in Buddhism that all things are bound by the law of cause and effect. When you make a cause the effect is immediate, even though you may not notice it until much later. The question is do you believe in yourself right now? It is always from this moment on.......





Thanks for your question
I do not believe that a single choice will change the course of my life. I believe that everything that I choose or that others choose around me that have an impact on my life were meant to be what was necessary in that moment. Believing one is bound to what we may perceive as mistakes is to live with regret.
Yes, and no. Each decision marks a point in a path, but then if things are laid out for us, then those choices have already been made and you were destined to make it anyway. If however, each choice decides your future, then yes you have chosen a particular path and that path will not lead to the same places another choice would have.





The time frame would probably be based on the weight of the decision in relationship with the rest of your life. If you choose chocolate over vanilla, the effects are immediate. If you chose to leave or stay, some effects are immediate some are going to be long run.





Choices are choices, can they be completely wrong or right? No I don't think so, just different. In the same mind set you are bound by past choices, you can make changes if circumstances are allowable, but who really decides if they are mistakes? You do, by the way you live them and the way you make them work for you.
undoubtfully, yes it will, Chaos Theory right there
Sure it can. When I was 18, I joined the Air Force. Turned out that I had asthma, so they gave me the choice of staying in and being cured, or going home. I was homesick, so I said I'd like to go home. I've been regretting that decision ever since - for the lost opportunities, the missed experiences, and a hundred other reasons. Had I stayed in, the course of my life would have been very different indeed, and almost certainly much better than what it has been. Now I'm 56, and it's way too late to change anything.
yes, .. and no.





scincerly, yes, and no.





how are you going to 'change' it?


what are you 'changing'?





:(?





then again


doesnt each moment change?


If you spend 10cent today, wont you be 10cent poorer tommorow?





actions are so very over-rated.


in the end of ends when all is done, what will we have to show?


what would it have been for?





'be' noble.


find honour.





edit: thank you for asking
That would depend upon the intent of the decision. Do you want to change Church's, ice cream flavors or know the truth of life. : )
Everything counts. Each moment. The more that you are able to live your life consciously, awake, you will make use of your ability to harness your intention. Intention creates. You also live your own soul's path. it is uniquely yours. How you live, think, and act, makes up your life experiences, yet your individual karma is at work also. Whatever happens to each of us is not as important as how we respond to each moment and what we perceive to be happening to us. If I suffer, I'm ok with it. If I die, I'm ok with it. Acceptance makes it all acceptable. My life has taught me much, and my inate knowing takes care of me. I have had my share of heartache, yet I always feel guided and protected. I know it is not everyone's way, but it is mine. So, yes, every decision, thought, action, spoken word, counts. Remember, we silently affect everyone around us, and do not always know what happens to them once we have moved on to the next moment. You may affect another's life dramatically yet not see what that result may have been. It all counts. All is impermanent...all changes.......the river of life flows...........
There's never time to do 'it' right but there's always time to do 'it' over. Famous quote of my teacher when the whole class missed the assignment.
Decisions are like bends in the road, some require more bending than others, but they are bends nonetheless. As the poet Robert Frost wrote about going back,





';Oh, I kept the first for another day!


Yet, knowing how way leads onto way


I doubted if I should ever come back';





Even when we go back to re-make a decision, it is still not the same as the time we first encountered it. Our travel on the path has changed us, and we see that place, that decision, in a new light.





Mistakes are only bends in the road, and we can choose another bend any time. The mistakes make the trip educational, so regretting them is a waste of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment