Monday, November 22, 2010

How can I change my life dramatically in one week (7 days)?

I want to change my life I'm 23 years old female and what are somethings I can do in a week? When I think about change I think long time so I just want to see what I can do in one week thanksHow can I change my life dramatically in one week (7 days)?
If you have a strong resolve, you can change in a day. People will say this is impossible. I laugh at those people. My older brother is an example of someone who changed in a day. Although our family has had financial problems, my brother used to ask for money to constantly go out to smoke weed or drink. On top of that, he drives around a lot wasting gas (money). Then, he puts unnecessary mileage in the car, which leads to oil change ($30, this is a lot of money to us) and maintenance. This is around the same time when my brother was working as a waiter for about 3-5 days a week. And he kept on asking for more money. We would do a fill-up of a car twice a week during this stage in life. He then found out that our father was asked to decide a date to retire. If not, he would be fired without benefits.



That very night, he made a list in his laptop. He doesn't know I read it but it was by accident because he had it up and I needed to write an essay. In the list, he wrote the reason why he needed to change. It was all about how the survival of our family depended on his success. He took the burden of our family and said that he will do whatever it takes to get money, even if it didn't make him happy. So he became a pharmacy tech, working towards a full pharmacy degree. His previous GPA had been around 2.0. The very next semester, his GPA was 4.0. But I remember the exact day after the night he made this list, his friends (who were also my friends) asked me where the hell did my brother disappear to. He was considered MIA amongst his friends.How can I change my life dramatically in one week (7 days)?
The biggest, most planet-shifting thing you can do is talk to people you would never talk to, and I mean this in a general, safe manner, like standing in line at a grocery store, or somewhere public... small talk.



I think out of the box all the time. I'm 28 and have never been on a date, and a lefty.



I keep doing small things differently each day, hoping for an equal change to my life, like tying my left shoe first instead of my right, taking a different route to work, etc.



If there has been any change, it has been so insignificant that I haven't noticed...
Listen carefully to everything anyone says to you. Do not feel the need to respond. Use your week listening. For the last 2 days, find a place where you are not distracted and reflect upon what you have heard and what you have thought.
Well, good luck.



It will take a lot of work so try to approach it like an adventure.

1. Be sure you find a way to exercise every day, bike riding for an hour is one way.\

2. Get a library card and check out one book that is NOT fiction and a book of poem by authors you have never hear of.

3. Get a catalog from your local community college or university (may be on-line) and pick a course you would have never thought about taking last week. Sign up for it.

4. Volunteer to help someone who need care and compassion and practice those wonderful social skills. Don't lay religious trips on people. Listen.

5. At the grocery store pick out some foods that you have never tried before and might think you might not even like. One fruit, one meat, one cheese, one drink, one bread.



These are five ideas, you will find more, I'm sure.



Life is an adventure. Live life to the fullest.
You can change your hair in a day, you can change your mind in a second, and you can blink your eye right now, but to change a life takes far more time. You can change the things you do step by step, day by day, hour by hour...until it finally becomes a change. Things that are done over a long period of time have a better outcome compared to things done in a short period of time, for they become permanent.
Your question is rather loaded...';dramatic'; changes usually occur out of tragedy or spiritual epiphany, not merely a decision. Otherwise you'd have to consider outrageous actions that would/could prompt an epiphany or some sort of life change (like shaving your head, quitting your job), especially since you're looking for short-term drama.



How adventurous are you? Apply to a reality tv show and see how that will change your life...it'll take longer than 7 days, but who knows what could come from the experience? (Amazing Race, MTV's Real World, Survivor...all these would probably provide a significant life-changing experience.) Or, lol, did you see the movie Yes Man with Jim Carey? Go that route if you're brave enough! If you haven't seen it, rent it...I won't do the reveal!
Well, if you want to be dramatic, ask someone out on a date that you never would normally consider, join a club that you might think is lame and put your all into it,

change your hair style and color, find a new job, paint your room a new color



If you want to go the not so great path: get pregnant, get seriously injured, get fired...you wanted ways to change your life
let your hair go natural!

dance in the rain!

have an adventure with your dog.

read a philosophy book and pick up new ideas.

do everything that isn't YOU! --%26gt; say you drink coffee normally, DRINK TEA.

draw a cartoon of someone and give it to them.

Don't judge or think bad tho8ughts this week!

relax

take a bath

buy a gold fish and call him freedom
  • music player
  • fish
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment