Monday, November 22, 2010

How do I change my life when I dont have the courage to?

I have a university degree and job experience but would like to start my own business. Businessplan is set, but am not able to make the last step(s)...ughhh. How do you overcome the fear of failing?How do I change my life when I dont have the courage to?
Boy ohboy ohboy do I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. I've been there. I'm 50 years old and made some major changes in my life. Scared stiff.



This will help. I swear.



Read this book.

The Power of Self-Coaching by Joseph Luciani.



It's not one of those self help books that are all touchy feely. What the author does is help you to determine what you're feeling, what's holding you back, the patterns of behavior that you've been living by, the self talk that you've been beating yourself up with - and then provides concrete steps to recognize and make changes in your life.

It's not hard and doesn't take a lot of time. By the way, the author technique doesn't care what made you the way you are, the trauma or wounds you suffered. It just tells you what to do right now to make signifcant changes in the way you feel and deal with the world.



Tell me if I'm right..... The reason why you're stuck is self doubt and its resultant need for control. (Control being - knowing where the perceived ';danger'; lies and trying to prevent a disaster from happening.)



If you read this book and incorporate the simple actions in your life it will make a difference. I swear.

I feel bad for you, because I know what you're going through. You can do it.



Let me know how you make out.How do I change my life when I dont have the courage to?
When the feeling of regret out weighs the fear of failing. I mean what are you waiting for? Is there a way you can ';test the waters'; It does not have to be all or nothing.



What is it about the last steps that scares you? You could succeed far beyond your wildest dreams.



And if you ';fail'; then you know what? You tried. And it is not necessarily failure. Maybe your original plan needs tweeking. I think you fail yourself when you don't just do it (I know that is so cliche' but it is true).



There are tons of people out there that will want to shoot you down for starting your own business...don't be one of those people. Just go for it (gosh I am full of cliche's this morning!)



Good luck!

Type A
What scares you more, the prospect of failing or the prospect of spending your life in jobs that don't satisfying you and getting to the end of it thinking ';I really wish I'd done that.';



Make sure you have done your best to ensure the sucess of your business. Are you properly financed? How are you going to advertise? Get as much information as you can so you know what the pitfalls are and how to avoid them. Then go for it, even if you do fail at least you can say you tried, and think positive, you may be a stunning sucess. Even if you just managed to make a living doing something you enjoy rather than working for somebody else that is a sucess. What's the worst that can happen............well I'll tell you, you'll get old wondering if you could have made it and if you do that you will definitely have failed without even beginning.



Good luck
First try this website for some motivation http://urbanmotivator.blogspot.com



Second, Im sure you've heard that there is nothing to fear but fear itself right. Well there you go the last step is the scariest step I know because I've been there. I've started businesses two of which had failed horribly. But what made do it again was the excitement of what could achieve if I made it.



The only way to overcome the fear of falling is to fall. Even if you make it and become very successful you might never ever fall, so you wont know how it feels.



Go through with your plan, but take baby steps and dont rush it. Treat your business like your baby and that you want it to be successful when it grows up. Try to also get either a business coach or mentor or even join an affiliation if you havent already. Now if its success you fear then repeat steps 1 to 3.

Good Luck
I know the feeling, but I have an opportunity that you may be interested in. Please send me a message back if you like more information about starting your own business

No comments:

Post a Comment