Saturday, November 20, 2010

How can I apply 1 Chronicles to my life and how can I use it to change someone's life? It's mostly genealogies?

If most of this book is genealogies, how can I use it to encourage someone, and how can this change my life? Why does God want us to know a bunch of names?How can I apply 1 Chronicles to my life and how can I use it to change someone's life? It's mostly genealogies?
I can tell you this, if you expect nothing from the Word of God you will get just what you expected.

If you have a humble submissive attitude of reverence to the Word of God, He can teach you more in fifteen minutes of reading the Book of I Chronicles than you could learn in 8 years of study at a seminary with a wrong attitude towards the Word of God.



';Thus says the LORD:

“ Heaven is My throne,

And earth is My footstool.

Where is the house that you will build Me?

And where is the place of My rest?

For all those things My hand has made,

And all those things exist,”

Says the LORD.



“ But on this one will I look:

On him who is poor and of a contrite spirit,

And who trembles at My word.'; ';

Isaiah 66:1-2How can I apply 1 Chronicles to my life and how can I use it to change someone's life? It's mostly genealogies?
I find it encouraging that God knows every single person by name. He doesn't see us as a big lump of humanity, but as individuals with families and histories :)



Some reasons for including the geneologies in the bible are:

1) To establish the lineage of the Messiah, to prove that Jesus was indeed a descendant of David.

2) To establish a record of what family got what land, and what people were in the hereditary levitical priesthood.

3) To show connections and histories of how sin affects a family for generations to come.
The genealogies are so that we may know the blood line of Christ
who told you he does!
Even what seems insignificant to us, God found necessary to remember each and every one of them.



It also reminds us that what we believe, is based on factual, real people, who lived and did, and had children... it isn't a story out of a book... these were real people, and these are their names. Hopefully it will help us take our faith more sincere.
Dunno.



That you have a very rich heritage which you have been adopted into and that your name is written in the Lamb's Book of Life?

No comments:

Post a Comment