Saturday, November 20, 2010

How does a horse change your life?

Im getting my FIRST horse. I ride english, I leased before, But now Im going to own a horse. I want to know how it change's your life in any way.How does a horse change your life?
hi congratulations if u are going to own a horse!

horses do change your life cos they take up loaaaaads of time you have to get up early and check on them a nite too.it takes alot of work as well .i am with my horses all the way through the day till 6:00am till 7:00am! they take up all my day .

soo ye yes if you dont have much time to take care of one this would be hard .

good luck with your horse!How does a horse change your life?
Just look at this question that was asked only a short time ago:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;
it's defiantly WAY more work to own a horse then lease one.

personally, i'm at the barn about 5 hours a day. (grooming, mucking, riding, etc.)

but it is also way more rewarding then leasing.

good luck

=]]
In every way possible!!!!



you will have to get up really early to feed it evry day(even xmas and your bday) and every afternoon. a stabled horse is more work



DIY- if hes on diy livery you will have to do everything



part- about half the chores



full- it will hardly change your life. except a MASSIVE financial commitment
Congratulations!! I bet you are so excited. It has taught me many things one important thing it has taught me that not every experience is going to be a Flicka experience and that it takes a lot of time and patience. It has made me more responsible and even more patient with my kids. If you don't mind the time and commitment than you will do fine. God bless.
a horse can teach you trust,love responibilty,hope, and stress. i couldnt liv without my horse. when some one says its just a horse, it makes me mad, because it is more than a horse, it is a companion,a friend, and a loved one. you can spend hours watching mindless t.v., or spend hours on a horse with the wind blowingin ur hair, and feeling the muscle of a horse agaisnt you. when ur mad, you can take it out on the ground, galloping away your problems. a nicker from a horse can make your horrible mood, melt away. some people see a horse as ';an outdated way of transportation'; but they have never had a horse, and a relationship with one. a horse is not a thing, its a friend, a companion. when i get mad, i go out with the horse and sit in the field, they come up to me and bend there head down to see if i am all right, and when i open my eyes, and see there big eyes looking back at me, i get a warm feeling in my body:) when i ride bareback at night, i get coldchills when i feel his back muslces moving under my legs. when we go swimming in ponds together, just spalshing away my problems, it am so happy. going out and hopping on the horse while its eating grass, and falling asleep on him while i am laying on his huge butt, its just amazing to be with a horse. i hope your relationship with your horse, is as strong and amazing as mine. your life, will change.:)
Well, for me, it meant that ALL my spare time was spent with my horse!!! Which was, and still is, teriffic.



However, it also meant I had to work in order to pay board (I was a teenager when I bought my first horse, and I had no parental assistance!).



As an adult, now, it means instead of buying a nice house on a golf course or in a suburb somewhere and having a small lawn to care for and probably a lawn service to do it for me, I instead have bought a small farm (17 acres) and spend ALL my free time on a tractor, mowing, or repairing and building fences, or working on my barn, or doing other farm chores. There are many days I don't get to go riding because I just have too many farm chorse to do.



If your choices in life lead to owning your own horse or horses, and having your own place to keep them, it is a HUGE commitment. It means you can't go on vacation without arranging for someone to feed and care for the horses. It means you get to spend all your spare time doing farm work.



Before I owned my own place, I boarded my horse. It was nice not to have to worry about her care, all I had to do was show up and ride. But owning my own land has enabled me to not only take top-notch care of my horses, but also allows me to own more than 1- for what I was paying to board 1 horse, I can afford to keep 3 at home.



Horses are expensive. My choice to own and ride and compete horses has meant that I have had to give up almost all my other hobbies- I don't have the time or money for anythng else. But the rewards, to me, are worth it. All the hard work, the long hours on a tractor that I'd rather be spending riding my horse, all the hard work of maintaining a farm, it's all worth it. When I get out of bed on a Saturday morning, go sit on my porch with my morning coffee and watch the sun rise over my pasture with my horses grazing peacefully- it's totally worth it.
your life changes a lot. I got my horse in october and since then i have become more confident, independant o yer and tired(Kidding).

Its like haveing a new person in the family who doesnt speak english.

You have to learn how to understand them and keep them happy. You also have to learn how to deal with horses who are not boring school ponies that go were you want and are never naughty. I ended up with a spooky naughty horse who needed training and alot of love because he'd been broken and then left in a field for 4 yrs of his life. He has been a lot of work and im only just getting off a lunge and going for hacks with other horses. Although i dont mind all the hard work because he's my first ever horse and my baby.

Your first horse is always very special and teaches you alot, not just how to ride....
My horse keeps me happy basically. It keeps me out of any trouble(or else bye bye horse) and we have a bond so strong. She also teaches me about patience and responsibility(well yeah i got them but I mean like way more of it). I hope you have fun with your horse and it IS way better than leasing!



For some people that say it takes up all your day, well that depends. I board my horse and it's full care board so I am not out there everyday. I would LOVE to go out every minute I can but I got 3 little siblings who are involved with other sports and my parents sometimes have crazy work shifts so it always depends. But I do get out there at LEAST twice a week. Mostly weekends I spend all day to make up for it. :) It's also sometimes pretty bad winters up here(average is -40 celcius but its been WAY nicer out these days!). So roads also are a thing that can make me from going. :/ But I spend almost all my time out at the barn in the summer. So I can't wait for it. :D
It will change you utterly, completely and forever. Unlike first boyfriends, first husbands etc, your first horse is forever and always!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
because of mine

-i get up at 6:40am to muck her out before breakfast

-spend any extra money on extras for her

-spend every evening out in the cold feeding her

-give up countless afternoons to go for soggy rides in the rain

but it's all worth it, horses make my world go round!
Ummm, let's see. When I got my first horse over 40 years ago, I was introverted, shy and not outgoing. My first horse changed all this, she taught me responsibility, taught me how to be able to help others, doctor on animals as just a start. I got my first horse and since then life has NEVER been the same.



I learned that I could survive on just a soda for lunch and SAVE my lunch money to buy my horsey all sorts of good stuff.
Its a whole lot more work than you would think, they require consent care and love. But, all in all, its soooo worth it!
Having horses is the most rewarding, learning best experience i have ever had in my life. It's been very sad at times as i have lost a few horses in the years i've had them. But i always bounce back and love them all the more. They give u comfort, relaxation, and growth in your life. At times yes, you can be upset with them, but when u realize they are an animal and react that way you give them more leeway. They seem to know when your sad, i used to have a Shetland/Welsh pony and anytime i was upset would go to him and put my arms around him and he would always put his head down on my shoulders as if to say ';It's okay';. So they can give you much friendship and love. They can be a lot of work but if you love them you don't care and you understand they cannot care for themselves without some help.

They have sickness and good health just like humans, except when they get sick they can't really tell you so you need to keep your eyes and ears open at all times with them. Everytime i go out to our big herd i am totally assessing everyone of them from head to toe to make sure they are all doing well. It's something that comes with time. Good Luck with your new horse and may you find the joy and love that i have in having horses.
its a little more work and money, but so worth it, a horse is like your best friend, when you are upset you can tell them every thing(who are they going to tell beside there horse Buddy's?) and they will try to cheer you up! my filly is 9 months and let me tell you, when i am down she will come up to me and put her head on me and nuzzle my neck!
horses made me depressed for the first time

now i have depression problems
Being a horse owner Benifits:

*makes you independant.

*teaches you responsibility

*makes you stronger(physically)

*makes you take care of yourself.

*keeps you out of trouble.

*you'll never have a reason to be bored.

*you will learn alot.



NOTE!

*you will be busier.
I have no money!!!! ha
  • finger nails blue
  • rodents
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment