Wednesday, November 17, 2010

How do I get motivated and inspired to make a huge change in my life?

I'm 17 now, but when I move out I want my life to be completely different than my mother's. I want to break free from all of this.



Maybe a move, good job, nice home, great friends.

How do I do this? How do I break away? Any books that will inspire and motivate me to take action in doing something different with my life? Different than my mother. Any advice would be helpful. I want to know what I can do now AND then to ensure a changed life.





I do plan to get my bachelor's degree in liberal arts online (the only way I can afford it).How do I get motivated and inspired to make a huge change in my life?
Your question leads me to believe you are female, as you referenced your mom.



Consider this:

Graduate from high school, of course.

Do not fall for some local guy, move in, preggers, etc.



Find a mentor...a trusted, accomplished, mature adult. Since you are a teenager and female, I suggest the mentor be female, for now. Be direct with this person regarding what your are asking of her and that your are willing to accept constructive criticism. Show her you appreciate her time/advice.

Give yourself a 6 month and 12 month goal. Perhaps a weekly goal. Not too high at first.

Read, read, read. Fill your mind with things of lasting value. Read what? Start with the Book of Proverbs. Do not laugh, it is valuable beyond your imagination. Then Dale Carniegie..How tomake Friends and Influence people.

Your idea of college on line is excellent and the wave of the future. You do not need an expensive diploma; you need an education which will get you started.

Lastly, prepare to bid your current cirlce of friends goodbye, unless they share your desire to ';break free from all of this';.

Good Luck.How do I get motivated and inspired to make a huge change in my life?
There isn't a book out there that will help or inspire you (trust me I bought every single one...lol...). If you want to make a change, it needs to be from within yourself...knowing what you DON'T want...will definately help!!

What you should do is sit down and write out everything you do want (long term goals)...then ...how you'll get there...short term goals...start with education, people you want in your life...and the kind of person you wish to become...you can do this!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment