Monday, November 22, 2010

Have you ever wanted to change your life, but were just too afraid?

I have so many dreams and goals for my life, and yet, sometimes, I feel crippled by the fear of change and failure.



I'm afraid of being my own person, and showing the world who I am. I'm an incredibly creative person, but I hide it all away so no one can judge me.



Has anyone ever felt like this?

How did you deal with it?Have you ever wanted to change your life, but were just too afraid?
...NO!

...YES!

...I said Who care's what they think! and made my mistakes,

and am more content, and happy with myself!!!Have you ever wanted to change your life, but were just too afraid?
Yes, that would describe nearly all of us!
i have felt like this

The final thing is that you can't change your personallity. The fear of change and failure is obvious but if u got good friends that shouldn't be a problem. YOu can always start from scratch again because when u reach the dirt bottom there is no where else you can go but up
I bet everyone has felt that way. I know I struggle with that same problem. What I do to combat that is to ';decide';. After I make the decision to reach a goal, that thought is in my mind and I will not be deterred. My problem has always been indecisiveness. When I sit there and say ';should I?'; or ';what if...?';. I've got to tell myself to stop thinking about it and DO IT.
who cares what other people think, if it makes you happy, then do it, write that poem, read it out loud, feel good about it, fear is nothing to fear, feed off it and go for it, you will never be happy if you live in fear of what other people think.
Nope. Found courage in the thought: To thine own self be true.

If it's something you really want, make a plan and work towards it.
When I feel that why I just keep reminding myself that FEAR stands for Face Everything And Recover.
Most times, it isn't the fear of failure that keeps us from doing something, it's the fear of success!



If you succeed, that means you've set the standard for yourself, and if you don't maintain that standard, you fail, and that's your true fear.



Ask yourself a few questions and really think about them.



1. What exactly, in words, are you afraid of?

2. What is the worse possible thing that can happen if you try something new and it doesn't work out?

3. Who, exactly, are you trying to impress and why?



I hate to break this to you, but for the most part, no one pays more attention to you than you do! That goes for all of us. If you really knew just how seldom anyone actually thinks about you, you'd go for it and not look back. Everyone is so involved in their own lives, that who would be taking so much time out of theirs to judge you?



Think about it.



And, go for it. The worse possible thing that can happen if you don't take action, is living the rest of your life filled with regrets and 'what if's'.
The coexistence of a desire for change along with the fear of change is normal........ the culprit that really stops us from trying our best is the fear of failure... at the root of this is a lack of self-esteem coupled with a highly sensitive ego.... we need to address the twofold issue of gaining self-confidence and keep our ego in check... as you can see, the two seem to be working in opposite direction, but strangely they feed each other when it comes to abstaining from any enterprise..... the best way in my experience to address these two issues is to concentrate the mind on the next step that one needs to take rather than wondering over the whole sequence and the likely outcome in the end. Imaginative and creative people are usually a bit thin-skinned and it does take a lot for them to ignore possible ridicule or disbelief of their ideas and endeavors from others and especially from those who are near and dear ones...... well, one does have to learn to be a little insensitive to what others may think or say or do......... if we make up our mind to face it, half the problem gets solved..... it is mostly in the mind.
Change is hard, because we all have our comfort zone. Everybody feels this way at some point, because fear of failure or criticism is a very strong thing to overcome. In order to conquer this, you just have to be assertive and tell yourself ';it doesn't matter what others think - what's most important is that I follow my aspirations';. Failure and criticism are a part of life, never let it hold you back or in your words 'cripple you'. The best thing to do with adversity - learn from it and let it empower you. Just think how much your creativity and independence will flourish then :)

No comments:

Post a Comment