Saturday, November 20, 2010

After the thrill of the ride of being greatly motivated, how do you change your life?

I, like several people who are fans of My Chemical Romance, credit them for saving my life or having a big part because of the great feeling and release I get from their music, videos, and the two times I saw them. But after, I am finding it hard to take steps to change what's negative in my life. I am a single parent of 2 kids and my elderly mother lives with me. I have no finances to spare on things that could be helpful. With little time and less organization I find it hard to associate with others or find things to do that I could myself that may help. After reading some of the comments people wrote how MCR helped them, I think everyone else must have been able to turn themselves around. I have been motivated before and felt better for a while, but am always seem to be in the rutt %26amp; unable to improve my life. I even feel guilty and undeserving of being one of their many fans because I can't better my situation after their inspiration. Honest, clean, %26amp; polite tips please.After the thrill of the ride of being greatly motivated, how do you change your life?
MCR gives you an emotional boost. Music does that for people. It is hard to change the elements in your life, your kids and your mother keep you rooted in place. Sounds like you are suffering from depression and MCR gives your endorphins a kick in the pants. When you do stuff around the house try having their music playing, sing with it if you can. I find that being able to sing (even to myself quietly) when in a stressful situation helps me through it. You may not be able to change your life circumstances, but if you can have the strength to change your perception of it, that action alone can help turn you around. It's tough, I'm currently in the same space, so I feel for you. Good luck and never give up.After the thrill of the ride of being greatly motivated, how do you change your life?
Well what worked for me is that I started a journal..that way when I felt unmotivated or whatever I would look back to see what helped me in the past...Being a mother is stressful enough so you should try to fit sometime in just for yourself.. Start by writing out some goals and finding ways to achieve them.. if you want it bad enough there are ways of getting it! When you write be honest on how you feel that day.. are you happy? why? are you depressed.. why? Any counselor will tell you that journal is the best self counseling tactic! I have several. I even have an on line one so I can get different advice from my on line friends.. sometimes it helps sometimes it does later! LOL IM me if you need to talk.. the important thing to do is to keep putting one foot in front of the other!!

There is always light somewhere in the dark! Best wishes
Being emotionally ';pumped up'; from a group or a show can lead to a letdown when the initial thrill fades away. It is like a roller coaster ride with highs and lows. A more steady and practical way of motivating yourself may be needed. Try typing ';motivation';, ';self motivation'; and ';self motivation techniques'; into Yahoo! web search for a number of links and down-loadable or printable info or available books. The main thing is to not be discouraged by an emotional low following an inspiring message(s). Just keep steadily working on it.



Good luck, good health, peace and love!
Life has it's ups and down and there are things in life which we find it difficult to understand. Believe in yourself in whatever situation you are in. Don't feel hopeless, always bear in mind that if others can do it so do you. If MCR have helped the lives of other people thru it's music, it does'nt mean that it will also apply to you.Look on the positive side of life, if something effective to others is not good for you try looking for something that will inspire you and motivate you.
you are starting to sound like a cult member and its getting scary. They are a band and listeng to them may help get you through the day but they shouldn't be influencing how you live your life or deal with your family. and especially not how you plan your finances. priorities in life are as follows



1 food %26amp; water

2 shelter

3 comfort

4 stability

5 advavancement

6 peace of mind
I think you are being hard of yourself. At the end of the day MCR is just a musical group. Yes music is there to make us release sometimes but at the end of the day, change comes from you. So who cares if MCR did not help, something else will and don't be hard on yourself because it did not. When last I checked they were not a form of therapy. Don't get me wrong, I love music I listen to them and so many others and music does create moods and help you emotionally but for their to be a change in your life, only you can do that. Instead of looking for musical groups to do this for you, try making a conscious effort to be what you want to be. If you think you need to improve your life by going out, think about it, you are a parent, as a parent, before making any plans you need to leave your children with someone responsible, so start putting the ball in motion to do that and likewise in any situation think of steps of what you must do in order to acheive that little goal. You can do it and you do not need MCR to do it. What works for one person won't always work for all...remember that and don't beat up yourself about it. You will be fine. Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment