Monday, November 22, 2010

How can my grandma change two life insurance polices to name my Mom as sole beneficiary and not my Uncles?

Grandma and Mom just recently learned of two existing life insurance policies on Grandma by her two sons *(My Uncles). Each Uncle has his own life insurance policy on his mother *(My Grandma). Grandma wants to change the beneficiaries from them to my Mom as sole beneficiary. She's has already cut them from her will for their disrespectness of her. She is the sweetest woman alive and they have treated her with contempt and disrespect. Thank you.How can my grandma change two life insurance polices to name my Mom as sole beneficiary and not my Uncles?
When you say ';by her two sons';, do you mean they own the policies? Your grandma can change her beneficiary on the policy, IF she is the owner. If her sons are the owners of the policies, she can't change it. Only the owner of the policy can make those changes. She needs to contact the insurance company and they will send her the required form(s) to be completed and returned.How can my grandma change two life insurance polices to name my Mom as sole beneficiary and not my Uncles?
Life insurance with cash value don't pay out cash value when you die! They say its a good way to build savings! How is that so if you lose it all and it doesn't go to anyone when you die? People say you can borrow it. Why do I want to borrow my own money that I paid for? Cash value = scams!

Report Abuse


Your Grandma needs to contact the insurance companies and talk to them about what needs to be done. It may be as simple as filling out a form. But if the Uncles have taken out the policies and are paying for them, she probably couldn't make any changes.



However, I think most insurance companies do not approve of people taking out life insurance on someone who doesn't even know about the policy before it is taken out. The companies might be very interested in the situation.



If the insurance company can't help, she should contact a lawyer.
If THEY own the policies, and not HER, she can't change the beneficiary designation. Only the policy owner can do that.



She must have, at one time, given them permission to insure her life, and now has changed her mind.



Too bad.



If SHE owns the policies, she can contact the insurance company, and request a ';change of beneficiary'; form. But it doesn't sound like she owns the policies.
HI.........



ONLY THE ';OWNER'; OF THE POLICIES CAN CHANGE BENEFICIARY........ALL YOU DO IS CALL THE COMPANY AND GET A ';CHANGE OF BENEFICIARY FORM';. MOST LIKELY IF THE SONS OWN THE POLICIES, THEY ARE THE BENEFICIARIES. FIND OUT WHO THE OWNERS ARE.
Your grandma must call the life insurance company to change the beneficiary. A phone number should be listed somewhere on the policy. (Go grandma for giving nice things to nice people!)

No comments:

Post a Comment