Monday, November 22, 2010

How do I change my life to lost these final few pounds ?

Currently I eat really healthy foods only. No junk or sodas. I eat very small meals throughout the day or I try to and I run every day for 5-6 miles. I still have few pounds hanging around my belly and thighs and upper chest.



What else can I do to lose my final weight? People say lifestyle change , how does that work ?How do I change my life to lost these final few pounds ?
First of all, it sounds like you probably look great. You should ask some close friends what they think, because sometimes we get distorted views of our bodies, and think there absolutely must be NO EXCESS FAT...when really, you may be thin and look better than average.



And remember, your body had somewhere it wants to be, idealy. Don't fight it.



Aside from that, make sure you do strength training. The more muscle you have, the faster your metabolism will be. But remember that your abs are the only muscles you should stregnth train every day -- other muscles need at least one day break in between to rebuild.



Also, you may be losing weight at a snail's pace, which is a lifestyle. It may take you 3 months to lose 5lbs, so you may want to see long term if the weight is already coming off.



A lifestyle change is a change you will keep up the rest of your life. If you have to skip dinner and eat 800 calories to reach the weight you want, is that a change in lifestyle you'll be keeping your whole life? Because as soon as you let up, you'll gain the weight back. Any changes you make in your lifestyle should be changes you can happily (assuming you want to be happy) maintain your whole life, otherwise you'll break and everything will go back to where it was.



Take it from someone who learned the hard way -- I thought i was being very practical, but i made changes i couldn't keep. and i gained the weight back -- i never thought in a million years i would, but i did. i still exercise every day, and i eat extremely healthy foods, but i had gotten to eating barely anything and not only messed up my metabolism but couldn't maintain and gained the weight back.



sorry this is so long...How do I change my life to lost these final few pounds ?
start using something like fitday to track your food intake. It's free online at www.fitday.com and will alert you to what you are really consuming. I've fallen into this trap too...sometimes we are taking in more than we think!



Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment