Tuesday, September 13, 2011

When are some moments when your life began to change?

When does your life change, when does it go from the mundane to the normal.



In the past year, I went from counterculture to being fairly normal and conforming. I come from a working class family and live in the bay area. I had a fairly normal life, as I avoided falling into the trap of the criminal culture around here.



I think the following things happened



-My Mom's rapidly declining health.

-Rapid shift in politics. I won't comment anymore on this.

-Became a devoted Catholic.

-My physical changes.

-Boredom with my friends and my life as an otaku geek.

-Growing older, being accepted into the society that had always rejected me.

-Burning bridges with my past friends and really prioritizing the people who matter to me.

-Saving more money. Spending money on stuff I need instead of want. I really rationalize every purchase now.

-Looking into new work fields.



Has anyone went through rapid life changes all at once? How did you deal with it?When are some moments when your life began to change?
- when i began to experiment with psychedelic plants

- broke away from the belief system that i was raised on

- began questioning many aspects of life and life itself

- formed my own beliefs and ideas

- began reading more books and watching less television

- i too burned many bridges of friends who were holding me back



most of my ideas are now rejected by a society who had once always accepted them....but that doesnt mean that they reject me. nor do i accept many of societies ideas...but that doesnt mean i reject it...i guess you could say things were once normal but now are above and beyond normal....i wouldnt have it any other way....but then again...whats normal? something that is dependent upon society itself right?When are some moments when your life began to change?
My life changes all the time, usually in 3 year intervals. The first came with a divorce that followed a devestating loss of respect for the person. I learned to not trust anyone. The other came when I realized that I could trust someone, but could not trust that something else wouldn't come between us. Now I can trust fully that something will change, and I will adapt as I always have.
- When my boyfriend cut my hand down to the bone with a box cutter o.o

- When I had to chose between food for my cat or food for myself and chose food for my cat

- When I was 9 years old and was living in the back of a car on the side of a highway

- When I dropped out of college because I found out my Mom didn't have any water or electricity.

- When I realized I had never done anything to hurt anyone despite it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment