Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Have you ever had one of those life changing quotes?

Have you ever read a quote and have it change how you veiw everything? I have one that stopped me in my tracks and changed my whole world around basically...



';if today was the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?';



Does anyone else have any quotes that just make you stop and think about everything? I would love to hear them!Have you ever had one of those life changing quotes?
“Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it” - Albert Einstein



“We must become the change we want to see.” - Mahatma Gandhi



“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” - Mahatma Gandhi



“Follow your instincts. That's where true wisdom manifests itself.” - Oprah Winfrey



“There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy.” - Friedrich Nietzsche



“Superstition sets the whole world in flames; philosophy quenches them” - Voltaire



“Every philosophy is the philosophy of some stage of life.” - Friedrich Nietzsche



“Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.” - Plato



“The wise sees knowledge and action as one; they see truly” - Bhagavad Gita



“And there is not one of the followers of the Book but most certainly believes in this before his death, and on the day of resurrection he (Isa) shall be a witness against them.” - quran



“A good name is better than precious ointment; and the day of death than the day of one's birth.” - Bible



“When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion.” - Abraham Lincoln



“I am a deeply religious nonbeliever - This is a somewhat new kind of religion” - Albert Einstein



“If there is any religion that could respond to the needs of modern science, it would be Buddhism.” - Albert Einstein



“Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day. Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish.” - Timothy Jones



http://www.quotesdaddy.com/quote/1184656…



http://www.quotesdaddy.com/quote/1019902…



http://www.quotesdaddy.com/quote/1019988…



http://www.quotesdaddy.com/quote/954680/…



http://www.quotesdaddy.com/quote/1289767…Have you ever had one of those life changing quotes?
';A human being in perfection ought always to preserve a calm and peaceful mind and never allow passion or a transitory desire to disturb his tranquility. I do not think that the pursuit of knowledge as an exception to this rule. If the study to which you apply yourself to has a tendency to weaken your affections and to destroy your taste for those simple pleasures in which no alloy can mix, then that study is certainly unlawful, that is to say, not benefitting the human mind.';



Taken from Frankenstein by Mary Shelley.



This quote really did change my life.
This probably isn't what you are looking for, but this quote gave me the courage to follow my dream and go to law school:

';If one advance confidently in the directions of his dreams and endeavors, to live the life he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours';-Henry David Thoreou
i actually have 2:



';knowledge is power and knowledge can mean the difference between life and death';



';you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free';
no but im looking for some?



http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/ind…

No comments:

Post a Comment