Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Muslims Only Please: Salamu Alaikum: How much will my life REALLY change if I convert?

I live in the US. Im Indian by ethnicity but I was raised in a Christian and Hindu household in the US my whole life. I'm in my mid 20's, very modern and college educated. I work full time, I have friends. Im pretty liberal, I like to have fun on the weekends. I live on my own right now.



Apparently, even though Muslim guys CAN marry Christian and Jewish girls - my bf's parents wont let him marry me unless I convert. They all think it would just be easier, for raising kids etc if I were Muslim too. So here I am, in this predicament.



How much would my life REALLY change if I convert? Besides the praying, ceremonies, fasting for Ramadan, and covering up at the Masjid. (I wouldnt have to cover up any other time, we're in the US) How else would my life change, I need to know.



I do believe in One God. Im afraid to convert because I dont know anyone who has, and I dont know what it would be like. Im afraid my whole life would change, I just want to be prepared. I need honest answers!Muslims Only Please: Salamu Alaikum: How much will my life REALLY change if I convert?
Wa'alaikum Salam



Change is a good thing



Islam is a very disciplined religion but it also contains no falsehood and once a person convert to Islam they feel a real sense of joy.



When I was growing up, I was a Scottish Atheist, (I am white). Then I joined the Marines and converted to Christianity.



Atheism had no answers, and Christianity made no sense. The in Iraq as many soldiers are, I was introduced to Islam. I had a conversation with several young and old Muslims and Islam sounded simple, peaceful and right.



In Islam they believe in one God, and all the holy books. However Muslims today feel that the Bible has been changed in order to fit the different social settings.



Islam has never changed and the Quran is truly the word of God.



Believing in Islam will give you an identity on where you stand and how you think.



Fasting is a humbling effect where you see fellow Muslims. And in terms of an international religion. Islam was the first even I knw when I was an atheist that Islam was truly Global.



In Mosques you may have a African on your right and a Chinese person on your left and you are all bowing and being submissive to God.



In Christianity, they sit on benches, they show no humbleness and they have only introduced different people into churches in the past 50 years. Before that in their Bible back then it said ';do not integrate, stay seperate from others as both identities will be destroyed in a clash';.



When the Muslimahs wear Hijab they explain that it is truly liberating, that no man can or wants to look at them and they have their own free space.



Do not be afraid to convert, talk to converts of Islam, scholars and sheikhs and read the books for yourself (get them from Islamic book stores, don't get a book written by a non-Muslim) and then I am sure that you will let Islam enter your heart.



Peace be unto you



Allah HafizMuslims Only Please: Salamu Alaikum: How much will my life REALLY change if I convert?
If you're liberal and like your freedom, this is a bad idea. Muslim women are oppressed by Muslim men, even in the US. I'd get out of this relationship if I were you.
Until you are sure that Islam is the only true religion please do not convert. The case you have mentioned it is pretty much clear that you will be a liability to Islam and you may feel Islam will be a burden for you. That is not a good way to appreciate Islam.

If you don't want to be a hypocrite, study Islam properly and decide whether Islam is a true religion or not. If you feel that Islam is a true message of God, then accept whole heartedly otherwise forget your bf.
Yeah sure, there are lot of liberal Muslims.. They are completely for free thought.. LOL



You already know your answer, and you probably will become a Muslim regardless.. Sorry I am not a Muslim, but I can't stand by while a fellow liberal might be lied to and forced into a lifestyle of rule after rule.
You need to learn more from the converts



http://www.islamtomorrow.com/converts/



http://www.islamtomorrow.com/converts/wo



they have a chat room there if you want to know more





but from my honest opinion

Islam is the most logical religion

and I would never trade my faith for anything else.



hope this helps
A Lot.



Hold on to your seat dear. Your in laws refuse to let their boy marry you unless you convert!! That will be just the beginning of how they will tell you how to live your life, raise your kids, etc etc. Easier to whom. them or you! The Prophet himself had wives who didn't convert to Islam.



If you want to convert! do so, only if you believe in the religion, not to marry your boy friend. In the end when the time comes to face your maker. It will be You and Your maker. He will not be there, nor will the in laws.



Convert only for the religion not for any man, or the approval of his family.
educated and liberal and opinionated. you would hate being muslim.



Muslim women are not considered much more than cattle. in fact, possibly worse.

You raise kids, keep your mouth shut and that's it. nothing else.



sure you want to do this??
even if u do convert, his parents will not accept u. their problem is not that u r not muslim, their problem cud b that u r not of the same ethnicity. that guy might b truly loving, who knows...but i will suggest don't do this. if u wanna convert to islam just for the sake of this marriage, forget it! Islam is a gud religion, but for a liberal like u its not. u'll fell imprisoned.



though i am muslim, but i am putting myself in ur shoes, and i will honestly suggest that u should just 4get abt him and move on....



even if u convert and get married u r putting urself in worst of the situation....
W.salam

there it is ..i can see it happening for you to get to this point it already means that you are pretty much ready...Allah has opened the door for you to the right path, you should consider yourself very lucky..go ahead sister you have nothing to lose ..all you have is succes in this life and the hereafter..your life would change to better of course you ll be believing and praising the lord the one and only God there is. here are some websites you can check to help though it inshaAllah and if you need any more info or support we are all here for that

my email add is katekawtar@yahoo.co.uk i ll be glad to help anytime inshaAllah ...
that is very simple in America

there is a freedom of religion as i heard.

U most obey and respect Ur perents even if they are not muslims, U only disobey when they ask u to associate partner to Allah!
Try research Islam so you can have a better understanding of our religion. And when you convert all your past sins are forgiven and it is like you being born again
Wa alaykum..

Read Quran and Sunna(way of living) u will get all anwswer..

Dont think following Islam is tough.. Allah has not told us to do a thing which we can not..

If u r just reverting for him alone then no use..

All the Best.. May Allah Guide you..
I'm a convert and from my personal experience it changed just about everything in my life. But I am more than happy with all the changes I've made. I would recommend not converting to please a man or his family. Look more into Islam to make sure you can wholeheartedly become muslim. This isn't just a religion it is a lifestyle if you want to be a good muslim. I feel so blessed to have become muslim and would hope you will find the same peace (insha'Allah). You can feel free to write or IM me about other details. Wa Laikom Salam
Hi,



To convert to Islam you really need to believe that its the true religion, try checking these websites:



http://www.allaahuakbar.net/womens/islam



http://www.themodernreligion.com/index1.



http://harunyahya.com



http://islamfortoday.com/



http://discover.islamway.com



http://www.whyislam.org/877/



http://islam.thetruecall.com/



http://youtube.com/user/ummahfilms



Islam is a religion revealed 1400 years ago is still applicable as a solution to modern problems. It is the way of life that continues to remain suitable because the values and prescriptions are timeless and universal.



Islam has the same basic message which all the prophets came with from Adam to MUhammad peace be upon that all.



To be a Muslim you need to believe in one God Almighty and belief that Muhammad was the final messenher sent by him.



You should also start following the teachings of Islam. As a Muslim is a person who freely and consciously accepts the Islaamic way of life and sincerely practices.



This means that your way of life will have to change a bit. You need to give some time during your day for praying. Eat halal food. Muslims must also cover their body properly and decently.



Islam teaches decency, humility and good manners. A Muslim greets another Muslim by saying: As-salamu 'Alaikum Which means (peace be upon you) and the reply is: Wa'alaikumus salam and this means (peace be upon you too). Keeping promises, truthfulness, justice, fair play, helping the poor and needy, respect for parents, teachers and elders, love for children and good relations with neighbors are the most valued virtues of a Muslim. Islam condemns enmity, back-biting, slander, blasphemy, ridicule, use of offensive names, suspicion and arrogance.



check: http://www.allaahuakbar.net/womens/islam

No comments:

Post a Comment