Tuesday, September 13, 2011

How much does a kitten's personality change as it gets older?

My kitten is almost 7mo old. Assuming nothing drastic in his life changes, is he likely to stay sort of as he is now, or can his personality change significantly as he gets older? I've never raised a cat before so this is new to me...anyone want to share their experiences? Thanks!How much does a kitten's personality change as it gets older?
It depends on the way you and the way your family treat your cat. If you are nice to it and quiet around it he should turn out nice, but you happen to be yelling a lot around him and not exactly nice he will end up the biting type of cat. I know this because my kids where that way when they were little but now they are older and so is my cat and my cat is not the nicest. So if you want your cat to grow up and be nice you should stay quiet around him and treat him nicely.How much does a kitten's personality change as it gets older?
if you decide to let him outside, then his personality will probably change. They go through so many new experiences outside, bad ones and good ones that will change him. I'm not saying in a bad way, he just might act a little different with his new found knowledge. One of my cats went completely psycho after being and indoor/outdoor cat for 6 years. He became a fighter, comstantly getting himself beat up..more time went on and he wanted to be outside full time..he was mean and rude to the other cats in the house and hated being out in the open..he was completly wierd...now i keep all my cats indoor :
|Sometimes, if you spoil it it can turn nasty, my kittens did'nt change although my female cat was very shy became more friendly, it depends on how you bring them up, if you love them and be patient with them then they will be very loving.
I've noticed that they tend to stay the same temperament-wise unless they are abused, and if they are abused they can be calmed into a more loving attitude if given enough love and caring.

No comments:

Post a Comment