Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Life Change After A Head Injury?

Hey everyone.

Last year when i was 13 i was jumping ramps with my friends while i wasent wearing a helmet. I fell off my bike and hit my head on the concrete. The next thing i knew i was in the hospital and everyone told me that i was in there for 7 hours. I didnt remember any of it but apperently during that 7 hours i was acting pretty weird.



Because i wasent wearing a helmet, it has changed the course of my life. Now its a year later and im 14 years old and I have alot of problems... I get severe concussions when hit in the head or if i sweat too much ( have a question about that). I am also always very confused and disorented. This is my main problem. I cant see properly as if i cant focus now, I feel as if im watching myself and not really ';there';. I feel out of it as if im stoned all the time. I cant focus or talk to people properly. My grades have gone down from 90's to 60's or 70's. I cant read things properly, words just seem like forign symbols and this is changing my life. Some nights i lie in bed and i cant get any sleep because i have to think about the next day and how i will have problems. I always think how much better i would have been if i would have just worn a helmet. I would rather sit in my room alone and sleep rather then go to partys or hang out with friends. I really need help soon or i think i might do something to myself that ill regret. Im seeing a neurologist in 3 months and i think by then it will be too late.



Please Help. :(

Thanks, Dan..

( P.S- I hope you can see now how important it is to wear a helmet. Who cares if you look stupid. I think you will care once you end up like me..)Life Change After A Head Injury?
Unfortunately you are suffering from what is called Closed Head Trauma. The brain is an organ that is within a closed chamber and when the impact occurred the force was enough to cause swelling and disruption of nerves. For some people they are able to get past this. Then for some they take long times to get past this and some never do. If you are not experiencing any physical problems then you will need to work with an occupational therapist along with a psychologist and or psychiatrist. With consistent work there will be a great improvement. Pulling away from the rest of the world is not going to help and in fact could make things worse. Please get the professional help that you need. If possible try to move the neurologists appointment up or see a psychologist or psychiatrist as soon as possible.Life Change After A Head Injury?
There are head injury support groups all over the country and I suggest you look for the nearest one to you. Just search head injury support and the name of the nearest city.
  • hot tub bath speed
  • a dog for sale
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment