Wednesday, September 21, 2011

One event change my life and now i believe i have social anxiety, can you help me get back to normal?

Well this all happened about 5 years ago.... I was in class and a kid threw a spiked eraser at my eye, my eye became permanetly damaged and for about a week i was practically blinded from it, to this day my eye still has problems from this. Anyway, it seems like after that day something clicked in my head. I slowly became more nervous in public and 5 years later i turned into that kid in the corner who jumps at anything and basically i turned into a weird guy, at home i act like i did before the incident happened, but in public im a totally new person, I can't make new friends anymore and i have a hard time talking with people, i also get very nervous in public. Im 99% sure i have developed social anxiety. I just don't understand how this incident sent me from being a popular kid with a huge amount of friends...into a person who fears social situations. I really want to try to fix the problem on my own, if you have tips for me please help.One event change my life and now i believe i have social anxiety, can you help me get back to normal?
Having a spiked eraser thrown into your eye hard enough to induce permanent damage seems pretty traumatic to me. Did everyone laugh in the class when it first happened? I'm guessing you were a little bit embarrassed when it happened.



Pencil erasers at first glance aren't the most menacing objects but what you should understand is that what may have seemed like no big deal was a big deal for you. Not only did you suffer from the immediate embarrassment of being hit in the eye with the eraser but you also had the physical pain to go along with the experience.



The fact that your eye is still having problems is a real reminder of the experience. Your best bet would be to find the best optometrist and try to repair as much of the eye as possible. At the very least make the eye less sensitive to peripheral stimuli that would make you flinch. Your flinching is similar to what happens to children who are hit by their parents growing up. The flinching can be fixed with the help of a behaviorally trained counselor.



Anxiety disorders are some of the easiest disorders to treat. All you need to do is repair the physical damages of your experience in order to fully overcome the embarrassment and emotional damage. It is certainly possible for you to become the popular, gregarious person you once were. With professional help, you could really improve your life.One event change my life and now i believe i have social anxiety, can you help me get back to normal?
Sometimes something sends people off center..............you need to see a doc and he will probably give you something ..........to mellow you out for a while.............Life can be fun, get fixed and enjoy life........it's the only one we get.
Your reaction would be normal after that incident. Ithink that you just have to try and overcome your fearby realising that nothing bad can happen. You would bebetter off by undergoing counselling. They are more trained to help
If you were popular before this happened you would not have this phobia. Why let some jerk dictate your life? You have let a minor incident ruin your life...quit! You said your eye is fine now, so let it go.
If you do feel you are suffering from a social anxiety disorder, then you need to seek professional help from both a doctor and therapist. As no one here can give you that sort of help. It requires professional help.

No comments:

Post a Comment