Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Did your life change?

over the summer, i started getting panic attacks and it changed my life a lot. I'm a lot more nervous and overly cautious on everything. If i get a stomach ache, i keep thinking that I have appendicities or somthing. How did it change your life? And if it stopped, how did you do it? I still get them and i want to know how to cope with them so i won't depend on medication.Did your life change?
The more weight I gained, the less I worried about stuff. I used to be very thin, now I'm about 10 lbs overweight.Did your life change?
No, it settled
Got settled very kuickly, basically as soon as I realised that the welfare of my family (kids especially) was paramount.
looks like ur panic attack is directly related to being a hypochondriac, u know what can solve that? don't be too afraid to die, and ur mind will settle from thinking of the worst disease when u get a slightest symptom.....it will help also to read on those diseases and understand them by heart.... when u have panic attacks....take a deep breath and picture urself relaxing somewhere.......or take a shower....a cold one...vasoconstriction .....then very warm....vasodilatation. increased blood supply to ur brain....and ur mind will be distracted fom experiencing the extremes of temperature.....hope it helps
I don't claim to be any sort of expert in regards to anatomy or the human psyche, but whatever the problem is, I would reccomend you not to take any sort of psychiatric drug. I think it's a flawed idea to say you need a chemical of a specific design to make yourself acceptable for society, now, mind you, I don't have any problem with medicine, I think not enough people take medicine when they need it and if that's not their problem then they take too much medicine when they don't need it. However, the human psyche is so complicated and equally, so simple, that you don't want to confuse the delicate nature of your mind with substances designed to alter the way in which your psyche goes about operating, then it's almost as if you aren't you.
Your best bet is to go see a Dr. They will beable to put you on something. Trust me it will make your life alot better on medicine. I am the sameway. Good luck!
I've been getting these attacks too. I get them when I try to sleep. I also get them before I make a speech or something like that. I think the best thing is reverse psychology. Just like when people say to think about everyone being naked before you give a speech. I just keep telling myself to relax and that everything is going to be o.k., because let's face it.. it is. If it wasn't going to be o.k., then you would just die and then you won't have anything to worry about then. I think about death a lot, and knowing that I don't want to die because I have a son, and sometimes when I don't get a lot of sleep and try to sleep, I have a fear of not waking up, or wake up quickly in the middle of my sleep in a panik, but then I just repeat the process of relaxing again. I had a health teacher once tell me to relax every part of my body from the bottom to top, that works to, breathing in and out slowly with your eyes closed. relax, the bottom of your feet, your toes, your shin, lower leg, upper leg, pelvis area, waste, stomach, chest, shoulders and arms, neck, head.... clear your mind of everything, and count the sheep ;-). try the relaxation techniques and the reverse psychology, I hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment