Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Do people around change our life?

My point is with their actions...and decisions...when you are involved (ex. family, friends ) does that affects your life too? Is this natural ? If not how to change it?Do people around change our life?
Yes, I think every action has a reaction. I do think when one person does something something happens in someone elses life. ex My sister brought home a straight A report card, I also brought home a report card-straight B. Her boasting about her A report card made me feel the lesser for a straight B report card. Others in the family made a big deal about her A's while they did not about my B's. What that taught me is to try a little harder or not at all to either get A's or to fail entirely so I would be the center of attention.Do people around change our life?
Yes, people change everything in life, everyone even the guy or girl on the street does, what they do affects you and you will affect them, it doesn't matter how or when. But, you will be in their life and they will be in yours.
The saying goes, ';no man is an island';. By this it is meant that all our actions and sometimes lack of action impact others in more ways then we will ever know. I remember reading, Mitch Album's book, ';The Five People We Meet in Heaven';, and thinking that this describes exactly how events event he ones that we see as totally unimportant can have serious repercussions on others.

When you are good to a person, that act does not stop there but a ripple effect takes it to places and people that we cannot imagine. The same can go for an unkind act. There is often an analogy of how a man gets yelled at by his boss, goes home and is mean to his wife, who slaps her son, who then kicks the cat. This would also be a good illustration of horizontal violence and how those oppressed are taught in turn to oppress others.



I hope this helps and best of luck to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment