Monday, June 6, 2011

How would it change your life if something happened to make you much less attractive than you are now?

Referring back to my old question- http://answers.yahoo.com/question/;_ylt=



How much are you affected by a person's physical appearance?



Do you find anything disturbing about immortality? What age seems ideal to you?How would it change your life if something happened to make you much less attractive than you are now?
I've never been a 10, but in my 20's I was attractive enough that I modeled for a couple years or so.



Now, in my late 50's, roseacea has ruined my complexion, psoriasis has taken over the rest of my visible skin, a combination of medical problems (none of which ruined my appetite!), medications and lack of exercise (if I sweat, my psoriasis worsens!) have packed on the pounds.



Fortunately, my husband and family love me anyway. The rest of the world will just have to take me as I am.



My husband's appearance has changed also (because of health problems), but it doesn't change my feelings for him.



Although it's nice when people are physically attractive, a kind heart and a great personality (positive attitude, good sense of humor) are what makes someone truly attractive.



As to immortality, it would be interesting to see all the advances made by mankind, but ';the more things change, the more they remain the same,'; human nature being what it is. So, I'm afraid that after a couple hundred years (if not sooner!), one would become very discouraged and depressed about man's inhumanity to man, and his devastation of the environment, and be ready to say, ';Enough already! Get me out of here!!';



There is no ideal age. In our youth, we lack wisdom, experience and perspective. In our old age, our bodies betray us. If I could retain everything I know now, and have a body as fit as the one I had in my youth, then maybe THAT would be ideal.How would it change your life if something happened to make you much less attractive than you are now?
Something DID happen to make my looks change drastically. I gained about a kazillion pounds when I was pregnant, and than dislocated my knee. I couldn't get the weight off for a while. I realized what it was like to be ';on the other side';. I hate the way people treat me and look at me. I used to be very attractive, and now I feel so much less so due to the reactions I get from people. I've lost a lot of weight, but I'm still ';On the road to recovery'; as I like to call it. The day I start getting wolf whistles again, I think will be the best day of my life. Lol



It doesn't effect how I feel about myself, though. I know my skinny self is still underneath, and I know I'm the same person. I haven't become bitter due to it.



I don't find anything disturbing about immortality. It intrigues me. I could see good things and bad things coming from it.



Every age seems ideal to me. Life is such a mystery. Every year something new happens.
I hope that it would not.

Personally talking, as I am a heath care provider, I want to believe that people is approaching me for the quality of services offered and not for my physical appearance.

Thank God, I am in the 40's now and I had the time to prove who I am in all the sectors not just the professional one, so who is staying with me is because he likes my personality, as well.



Generally talking, I have to say that it depends on the culture level of a person if he is influenced or not.

The higher this level is the less we are getting influenced by these secondary things.

I don't want to be very long and boring but your question brings me in mind an old said: if the bee doesn't see the honey, she will not go there. Means that sometimes the physical appearance is the key point that will open the door. It does not guarantee that it will stay open...



As to immortality, the previous answerer has expressed my feelings exactly.



Katerina
Well ... definately no because its my personality that makes me who I am and I prefer to be accepted as I am, so basically , if anything happens as you ask, it definately wont affect me. To me what matters is my conscience.



I dont care how a person looks like. Behaviour and attitude matters.



about ';Immortality'; well what can be disturbing about that, but yes boring



most ideal age is now. What ever i do now and I am able to do now.
I wouldn't care if I was less attractive than I am now...

I am already pretty average looking and not beautiful...

I wouldn't want to be immortal unless I could have good health...

I think 75 is a good age to get the heck out of here...

Now if you mean a good age, I think maybe 40...

I wish I could go back in time to an earlier age where I was healthy...
If some life altering accident happened to me,i would not try to change it.It happened for a reason.My looks aren't what makes me attractive,it is my heart that touches everyone i know.Besides that,people who don't know me can't seem to get past my boobs or butt. LoL! (When i catch them,i tell them i saw them %26amp; they blush %26amp; turn away.)
Something did change my life. I lost my health and had to have back surgery. Now my world is pain and more pain. My looks or nothing else seems to matter when you don't feel so great. Anyway my outlook is still great and good luck with question.
i dont use my looks for anything i dont see myself all that attractive but happy and iv been put down alot for it (pic on profile) i dont care about ppls looks its the personality that counts and whats on the inn side i wouldnt want to live forever wheres the fun in that id get very bored i want to live up to an age where i can still wipe my own bum if i have a stoke or anything that would mean i couldnt look after myself thats when the times come to let go of life
I really like this question. Well, if I became less attractive than I am now I wouldn't mind so much since i'm with somebody who i'm madly in love with and he feels the same about me. If I became ugly he wouldn't care at all and what he thinks is truly what matters most to me. Although, being attractive is a nice quality to have but it doesn't affect my opinion towards someone who is a jerk or to someone who is very nice.
I think I would have to seriously question what's important in my life if I'm that worried about what people are going to think of me. Immortality would be great but after a while I'd probaly want to die, but think of all the things you could see and do if you knew you would live forever.
Very difficult question about ideal age. I would stay somewhere between 18-33. But what wold I do for long long yaers of living? I think I wold become crazy of all memories.



Think of entire humanity. In very close future there would be no room for next generation.
I truly dont want to live past 85... but it would drastically change my life... ppl try 2 say that looks arent everything, but they reely are... we all know that deep down... thats y im gonna b a plastic surgeon wen I get older cuz I wanna make ppl look good...
i was thinking about this earlier and i came up with a paradox:



beauty = divine truth

but

in today's society, divine truth has little to do with beauty.



i heard a phrase that you're never happier than when you're 16. i don't know about that....when i was 16 i was obsessed with getting acid and having people leave messages on my jeans. i also was all into the whole ';Friday=hug-day'; and i would hug random strangers whether they were comfortable or not.

if i had to spend eternity this way i would defiantly be looking for a way out.

No comments:

Post a Comment