Monday, June 6, 2011

Atheists: if the god(s) exist would it change your life at all?

I mean would you be my prone to believing in miracles, religious texts, or reconsidering your view on morality and how to live life?Atheists: if the god(s) exist would it change your life at all?
IF undeniable proof (no, the bible doesn't count. no, 'look at the world around you' doesn't count. no, the second law of thermodynamics does not apply) shows it's head, atheism would cease to exist (at least logically). Atheism is the idea that no god exists.



At that point being an atheist would make as much sense as claiming that George Bush doesn't exist.



However, proof has not arrived.Atheists: if the god(s) exist would it change your life at all?
Show me proof.
naa i would just keep going as i'm going - seems to be working well for me. :)
If it was any of the ones people believe in right now, hell no. I would have no respect for any of them.
what fishball said
not even remotely.
Religion is about believing. If god was proven, then there would be no reason to belief and it would defeat the purpose of Christianity. People have to make the choice of faith, not be forced upon it.
Nope. I'm already doing the best I can.
Nope, I'd just know they were there. I tend to agree with the Norse ideas about gods...



If they exist, it's probably better to just keep your distance and let them do godly stuff...



-SD-
Yes, it would if you could prove it.
no, i live my life fine as it is.



i don't need fear to keep me behaving. unlike some people.



which is actually quite scary, that some people only ';behave'; because they fear a god. what would they do if god was proven false?
If verifiable evidence was produced to show that a God exists, then it would make sense to make the lifestyle changes required to follow that God's doctrine.



It is statistically very unlikely that a god does exist however, so I highly doubt that evidence for the existence of a god will ever come about.
No. My morality is just fine the way it is. I don't need a religion to teach me right and wrong. Common sense does just fine. There are no such things as miracles, only natural phenomena not yet known or understood.
If I could leap tall buildings in a single bound, I might think Superman could be a documentary.



';If';.
It would make me admit that they are real entities but there are deities that I would not worship, so the chances of it changing my life are minimal.



I already live well and am an ethical and moral person... why do I need a religion and deity for that?
I'd be waiting for the plagues, pesitilence, wars, and diseases he would start like in the bible to teach all those people he loves a lesson... What a great dude, then I'd find me some sheep and slay him up some bloody lambchops and give that vampire the blood sacrifice he wants.
I bet bunch of people would start converting to Christian in order to please God and avoid going to Hell.
No, it would not.



Because even if irrefutable evidence came along that a deity really DID exist and that he/she/it/they created, I would most definitely not worship them if they would let their creation get into this kind of mess, no matter what their reasons were. When parents let their children become alcoholics, no one worships that parent; no one praises them for allowing their child to use and abuse their free will. The same logic would apply to that god/s.
No, it wouldn't because I would always be my own 'god'.
no
you mean if the man who is Responsible of all this Misery in the world

exists .hell no
I just read the answers. For most it has little to do with proving or disproving anything. They simply refuse God and will die in their sins.
if god does exist id want him to come down

because id have a hundred questions to ask him

and im very happy with my morality thankyou

i dont need religion to tell me right from wrong

and i already know how to live life
No. Well, possibly. But I don;t think it could ever change our lives as much as God(s) changes the lives of it's current followers, among the different religions.



I might not believe in God(s), but I think that I am a spiritual person. And I realize that with faith, many religious people have a spiritual connection with God(s) that can only come with their faith. I would not experience that (I can;t say for sure) if God(s) was simply to be proven. Of course, I assume that you mean that this is the scenario that he was proven to exist, and not in the case he is revealed specifically to me.



As for miracles. I am a materialist. Which means I do not believe that God(s) would simply be able to make thinks happen. That does not mean she could create things that are miraculous. Even such things as virgin birth (seen in many religions) could technically be made possible without the use of the non-material.



As for religious texts. That depends on soo many things. I mean, they are used even today for historical purposes. But, I would simply default to skepticism. And, beyond all, I remain a materialist.



Mortality, I don;t even know the answer to that without God(s).



How I lived my life would depend on who the God(s) were.
Yes please tell me how to live MY life.....on second thoughts, feck off and get on with your own pathetic existence - and learn some English.
Hi !



I can see how the other answers to this question are stubborn , but if there was proof of God , then everyone would either change their ways immediately , or find a way to disprove the proof.



I know I would pray everyday.
yes they would go to hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment