Tuesday, May 31, 2011

How do I change my life? I am 23 years old and am in a rut.?

I seem to be going through the motions of life but not really enjoying it. Can anyone give me some advice on how to turn my life around and ';start over?';How do I change my life? I am 23 years old and am in a rut.?
I think that if you're pretty well off, just get up and go. Get a new job that you love, kick out your boyfriend or whatever he is (if this applies to you), buy yourself a new outfit and just try to be new. Kick the old habits-smoking, overeating, drug use, etc. Get away to somewhere where no one knows where or when you're departing and rethink your life. No cell phone, no emails, no nothing. Just you. Rethink everything you've been doing and have done and see what needs to change. Good luck.How do I change my life? I am 23 years old and am in a rut.?
Go on a white water river trip down the Colorado river
Martial arts. or Getting in shape. If you not in shape this is a common thought. Get into shape and see how it changes
vote for Obama!
Taking a course or doing a degree gives you purpose and can change your future. I say education all the way!
Go to the Himalayas once..:)they say its like a rebirth if u survive there..:)
i think at times life is hard and we sometimes forget who we are. find yourself again remember all the good stuff about yourself and keep pushing forward.no matter what comes your way
Pray about it. God can help you ';start over';.



Good luck. I hope everything works out!!!! :)
That happened to me about a year ago. I realized that it was time for me to go back to school and get a degree for a career that I'd like. Now, I've completed one-third of my associate's degree in Medical Assisting...and even though I'm constantly busy and still stuck in a job that I hate, I'm content in knowing that things will be better in a year (I'm graduating next June, if all goes well).



My point is....you need goals in your life in order to keep going. If you already have your degree, why not focus on the next big step? Set a goal, achieve it, and focus on the next thing. Goal-setting will give your life a sense of purpose and make life much more enjoyable. The first goal is tough, but achieving it will feel amazing...which makes the next goals easier.



You said you're 23. Where do you live? Why not try saving up for a house (or, if you're living with parents, save up to move out)? If you have a poorly-functioning car, why don't you focus on buying a new car within the next year? If you hate your job, why not focus on finding a new career?
Self reflection

-find out what about your life isn't making you feel happy

-make mental notes of them when they happen and try and write them down

-wake up each day thinking of something new/exciting you want to do that day

-remember to stay completely in the moment and don't get caught up with past/future only present

-all you need to ';start over'; is the willingness to do so

-if you want to go somewhere go...but make sure when you return you don't go back to the same routine

-you have the power to do whatever you want with your life-remember that.
is there something you liked doing when you were younger that you stopped doing? a sport, a hobby...try picking it back up. if there are reasons you stopped it, examine those (not enough time, not in shape, money) and then fix those things and do what you used to love doing. good luck =)
You change your life one step at a time. Start with small changes like what you eat and drink, add a new hobbie, join a gym. It's the little things that all add up to real change.

No comments:

Post a Comment