Tuesday, May 31, 2011

How did your dog change your life?

I don't know if this sounds crazy, but after I got my dog I think I became happier! And I'm not as lazy anymore, and I don't sit around all day anymore. I actually go out to the park! And I've become an animal lover.How did your dog change your life?
My boy Cosmo gave me beautiful memories, memories that I would never have had, had I not been blessed with the absolute pleasure of his presence in my life.How did your dog change your life?
my dog changed my life to the point where when i listed my priorities he was number one........................then my dad then my brothers then my friends
I've always had dogs, so ... no change really.
My dog(s) have showed me how important life is

they have made me more active I lost 30 lbs from taking 1 mile jogs every other day (im now 127.8 lbs)

they have improved my responcibility

thay have helped me have more fun!
well no name

Animals usually have that affect on people.

If I dont have an animal around me im MISERABLE!

I hate school SOOO much but my teacher (on friday) Brought one of his dogs puppys and I melted and was SOOO happy I came to school.

My dogs are amazing.

And my cats.

and hamster and fish%26lt;33

I love them all:)
i dont think they really changed my life (all four of them lol), they're just nice to have around. they make my mom really happy. i guess the change they have made is that i dont think i can ever go without a dog anymore! i couldnt imagine not having dogs anymore.
I have always had dogs, but only started appreciating them about 7yrs ago, after my last dog died last year in July I went about 7 months not having a dog, But after getting my boy I just became happier, I have anxiety and as soon as I finally had a dog back in my life I was instantly happier and more relaxed, those months with out a dog, I was a wreck, my anxiety sky rocketed. and to be honest I am just once again a happy person, its something about dogs that calms me.
My dogs helped me to get closer to my fiance! We got one German Shepherd dog and loved how much she brought us closer. We took her to the park together and she even slept in our bed with us - yes, we're those crazy dog people. And then we got our second dog, a Short-haired Pointer. Both were shelter dogs. He's made us more patient, more tuned to each others needs. We took them to obedience classes together, and I learned what a passion he had for sheltered animals and we volunteer together!
When I adopted my first dog three months ago, I thought clean the poop, walk around the block, feed and clean the poop again. But it was not like that at all, the animal had a face, it had eyes. It had feelings. At night she would sleep with me and my fiance because she would not sleep on the floor like people tell me they should, and when we place her back on the floor she would give me this look as if to say please, let me, i am scared. and I would always give in. watching her grow is like watching a child grow. new toys would always bring joy to her, she would follow us wherever we would go and obey our boundaries. Now, 3 months later, i am a proud dog owner. we take her to the dog park as much as we can, and i am thinking about adopting another puppy and opening up a shelter, creating a dog run as much as I can do to give these creatures the lives they deserve.
My dogs have always been like my family, and I don't think I ever really noticed a change....until now. Our family has gone through a lot and we decided that a little indoor dog would be nice to have around. Our other dogs are all big outdoor dogs. From the minute we got our Puggle puppy 3 weeks ago, it has touched each of our lives and brought us all closer together. The puppy is literally like our baby. We give it so much attention that we forget the other problems we had been worrying about. We are happier and feel so much love. I wish I could explain better what I mean. I guess you could just say he is the ray of sunshine that we all needed. We love him more than we had imagined we would and he loves us back just as much. We wouldn't trade him for anything.
My dog -POPI- became like a member of the family for 9 years. He recently died and I cried alot. Its like loosing a family member. Now I have 2 rescued dogs 4 months old. Its not the same but I hope that through time they become as special as Popi. :)
Congratulatons on your new life.

That's what a pet can do for you- they give you a reason to get up in the morning, to go out into the world.

They're such honest little beings- they don't bs you.

The physical contact is also beneficial to both us and them. Lastly, as a female, I go hiking alone with my dog, which I wouldn't do without him. He's definitely a protector and I feel safest having him around. He goes everywhere with me.
as a child I was not allowed animals. After getting married I got a cocker spaniel and he changed my life completely. He taught me how to be patient and caring. He taught me how to live in the moment and not dwell on the past. He taught me how to love unconditionally and how one action could have consequences that are far worse than the problem at hand. He taught me how to have empathy towards all and to always think before acting. This little dog was my first child and I will NEVER forget him. He made me a better person and now a GREAT mommy to my 2 legged kids.So to Sam, thank you and I will love you and think of you forever.
I always loved and emotionally needed my dogs, but then I became sick when I was in the Army. I got spinal meningitis and survived, but it damaged by autonomic nervous system to the point that my heart no longer worked right. My dogs, who I loved, showed, coursed and otherwise worked with shocked me - they started taking care of ME.



When my heart rate went wonky, they would run and get my hubbie or kids with or without being told. I could even tell them who to get by name. My kids even showed me they were smart enough to go to anyone they were introduced to by name on command. Even people they only met once.



When I get dizzy trying to walk around so I do not turn into a complete lump, my dogs brace me on either side and let me lean on them until I get back to the house. I can lean on them like a cane or walker and they just help me more. If I have to give up and sit down, they run for help.



When I am really bad, they signal there is a problem and lay on top of me so that I will not move until help comes. One gets the help, one lays on me.



They will not leave me unattended. They even follow me into the bathroom and watch me there. One of my dogs siblings works with the elderly and kids in reading programs.



My dog was bred to another special dog by my daughter who then donated the most responsive offspring (2 of the 10) to the Veterans Administration to give to a soldier and another was placed with another disabled woman. Others went to pet homes and to show homes. One pet home has the dog help rehab wild animals.



My dogs have helped me still move around and live. My boy's children have helped a soldier and a woman reclaim their lives after terrible trauma and even succored injured wild animals.



My life would suck majorly without the love and care of my attentive pups. Thanks to their care I am not bedbound and my family does not fear I will drop dead without their constant attendance. They know our dogs watch and keep me safe.



BTW - they are still International Champions and are slowly getting points in the AKC (they do not get to travel to shows but must wait for them to come to us and must have a handler available - for obvious reasons). If my dogs even see me at ringside watching, they will try and break out of the show ring to get to me.



I owe them not my life, but my quality of life. I would be lost without them. Some of their children have saved their people too.

No comments:

Post a Comment