Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Did learning to drive and having your own car change your life?

I can't drive yet, but im thinking about when i can, how different my life is going to be. I'll be out all the time probably!!Did learning to drive and having your own car change your life?
Yes, it will change your life. You will be more independent. However when you go for your licence make sure that you take a defencive driving course. That will make you drive in a more responsible manner and you will be a safer driver.You will build trust and respect from the people around you. You will build confidence in yourself and that will filter on to your children, friends and family. Trust me on this. I was a driving instructor for many years, I do have many years of driving under my belt, in the worst conditions, on various highways and roads. Take update course every five years or so, as new ideas always are added to the course. Take care. Have fun. Be safe.Did learning to drive and having your own car change your life?
Certainly did. I could drive to work instead of cycling 14 miles each way. I could drive the firms motors. Big change in life. Passing my test was a milestone.
Not as much as i think youd expect it to. I just found i had a bit more freedom to go places but i am always expected to drive everywhere now. Especially off friends who dont drive and dont understand.
Yeah, being able to drive is great. You can just do anything thing you fancy whenever you want to do it. You don't have to wait for someone to drop you off or look into the public transport, you can just jump in the car and go.
yeah it does!!

it makes you more depend and makes you feel more mature

its gives you more freedom and helps you get around faster
yeah its a big change. Talking your parents into buying or lending you a car is the milestone after passing your test.



Your life doesn't chnage so much but things become easier. Shopping is easy in a car than on a bus or train. See friends, going out, going to the seaside. All things you can't do EASILY on public transport. The down side is cars are expensive. Take it from me, I've got 3!!!



:)
It gave me more freedom to experience places of interest and for recreational purposes. Your choice of work can widen as you are not restricted to jobs near your home so you have the potential to earn more.

It has given me a better quality of life like going out to restaurants, convenience in shopping, school runs, holidays, visiting friends and relatives, my social life on the whole is great, just imagine you can just jump into your car and go anywhere whenever you like!

Ok so it will cost you in insurance, mot, petrol and general maintenance but imagine your possibilities?

When my car has been in the garage, I feel the inconvenience then, thats because I'm used to going places within a short period of time, even shopping and doing the school run seemed more stressful without the car. The only negative thing about owning a car is that it makes you lazy with walking, but hey join a gym and that will sort that problem out.
driving car is a nice experience and it made my life easy than before.
yes%26amp;no iam older now .so ya i got out of the house alot more but i had get a job. i also think(my opinion)that the driving age needs to be 18
No. The only time I could sensibly use a car (going out at week ends) would mean not being able to drink. Believe me it is far cheaper to use public transport (depending where you live) and have taxis the rest of the time, than it is to tax, insure, park, service and fuel your own depreciating asset. To say nothing of punitive parking fines, congestion charges and the risk of other idiots crashing into you.



Hire a car for the times like holidays when you might sensibly need one- so by all means get your licence.



For many young people though it can represent independence and if you enjoy the business of driving (which I don't) no amount of argument will sway you otherwise.
Yes as I had to sell my motorbike to be able to afford it.

Ended up driving people all over the place when they used to drive me.

Started feeling the cold - never did on a bike regularly.

Never seemed to have so much money left as cars are money pits.

I'm ok now though - got a bike, 2 cars and a van! Still not got much money left though.
I used to think like that, until I relized how expensive insurance, petrol etc is.
certainly did m8, been more fun, times somehow goner slower 4 me since passin mty test n avin my car goin
Sure, you go from having money to not having any! If people carefully totted up every penny motoring cost them including depreciation and worked out how much per mile their car cost to run, a lot would go back to the bus.



But having said that, the longest that i have been without a car in 40 years is 5 weeks and as i live in a tiny rural village with no public transport and work 26 miles away no car is not an option. Mind you, i have had company cars for a long time now.

No comments:

Post a Comment