Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Help I am 40-50 lbs overweight.Where do I start? Diet?Exercise? How do I begin to change my life. ?

I need some guidelines. Please keep it simple. The food needs to be grab and go. Easy to prepare. And cheap. Exercise I just don't know where to begin.Help I am 40-50 lbs overweight.Where do I start? Diet?Exercise? How do I begin to change my life. ?
I lost 55 lbs 10 years ago and have kept it off. It is very important to know what you are consuming.. I wrote down the foods in every meal i ate and kept up with the calories and fat. I ate between 1000 and 1500 calories daily for about 6-7 months.. I ate healthy ( and still do) , low fat and low to no sugar foods.. I also started walking. I started out walking about 2 miles daily and gradually increased it up to about 6-7 miles a day now. I walk 3 miles at morning and 3 in the evenings.. It is now part of my life.. I make time for it and look forward to it every day. It takes about an hour in the mornings and an hour in the evenings.. much better than watching tv etc..Basically I changed my life style..eating and exercising.. I am close to being a vegetarian now.. when i do eat meat, I eat baked or grilled poultry( chicken or turkey) and fish... I love this healthy life style. I am a 67 year old male. I just recently had a stress test at my doctors office and he could not believe it.. I maxed the test out... walked and ran the entire 15 minutes ... he is 46 and said he couldnt do what I did.. .. you can change.. it takes mostly determination.. but after you start achieving results, it becomes much easier.. sort of fun...and walking is part of my life now... I love it. Also, I think it is very important to plan your meals ahead.. and have the right foods...that and keeping up with your daily calorie intake. I usually have oatmeal for breakfast and a fruit, good sized salad and chicken or tuna for luch..and ceral like cheerios for supper... i will also eat one or two more fruits during the day... I make sure I have 7-10 veggies in my salad. For treats on the week end I will fix a boca veggie burger on whole wheat buns.. the Original variety of the boca burgers are really good... lots of good soy products you can use..Help I am 40-50 lbs overweight.Where do I start? Diet?Exercise? How do I begin to change my life. ?
Start by walking and it's really important to get in tune with your body. Know when your just being lazy or when too much is too much. Think healthy food. No junk. It's common sense. Just get a grip and control, but if you deprive yourself you may binge. All you have learned that you really don;t want to do is truthfully what you nee dot do. No quick fixes.
First: Cut out Pop.



Second: Cut out Chips and Junk Food.



Third: Sign up to the gym.
Buy a bike. Go biking. take an ipod with you to keep you motivated . Drink a lot of water .No soda. No fast food unless it's salad. Eat fruits and vegetables. strawberries and broccoli ect.



EAT SPECIAL K FOOD.

There are on-the-go foods there like special k bars and cereal. These foods also have chocolate and bluberries and strawberries so they are a variety.

  • Fish
  • how to make up with your boyfriend
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment