Tuesday, May 31, 2011

How can i stop drinking and change my life?

I am in law school at NYU and everyone in my family is so proud of me. no one knows that i am an emotional wreck, taking anti-depressants, anxiety, and sleeping pills. i am a complusive liar, and spend my weekends either drinking in my room or at a bar. after waking up in the morning i hate myself immediately, praying that i never drink again, only to get drunk again that night. how can i stop and take control?How can i stop drinking and change my life?
Try this link re: lawyers in Alcoholics Anonymous. You will find support and understanding. They have meetings for law students and lawyers that are not open to the public.



http://www.ilaa.org/pages/home/How can i stop drinking and change my life?
I think maybe try to mix alcohol with something else and drink it. Something else should be something that after drinking you feel not well. And then maybe you don't want to drink after that.

Report Abuse


religion!! read the bible get some 1 to help u uinderstand it
u need to see a shrink mayb it wil help or find somone who will understand you and help and if ur drinking problem is that bad got to rehab the bible also helps i would also suggest to start gloing to churchand tlaking to a pastor
Make a decision to stop and stick to it. If you have no will power, get professional help. Christ your a law student, you could have figured this out!!
get new friends, I did that and stopped doing drung and drinking alot
Tell people in your family immediatly what is going on!.



They will understand and help you heal



Go to you school health center and ask for help.



If your here asking for help you can go there to ask for help.



Admitting you need help is the first step.



Good luck
If you're serious you'll go to AA and get a sponsor and be willing to do everything he says, whether you agree or not.
First admit you have a problem. Second get help for it (AA, NA, etc.). There is no shame in getting help, the only shame there would be is if you did nothing about it. God Bless You. You have my support in getting help!! You're taking a step in the right direction!!:)
i'm glad u want to take control so there are theese pills u can take and they make u sick when u have alchohol and it really makes u want to stop drinking
Well i think you should try and stay away from thing that made you drink. One you start something it kind of hard to get out of it. Some people call it breaking the habit. But try to notice what made you drink so you will be able to stay away from them before you start drinking.



Hope i Helped
try alcoholics annonymous
I'm almost in the same boat. The first step to recovery is admitting that you have a problem, and you have already taken that step. Control the alcohol, and don't let it control you. I used to go out every weekend, get drunk, sing kereoke, and wake up the next morning swearing that I wasn't gonna go out the next night, and I would go out again, or drink at my house. I also take anxiety medication too. It's not good to hold your feelings in either because it only makes things harder and it gives you more of a motive to drink. If you have a close friend, I would talk with them. It's nice to get things off your chest sometimes. Trust me, we all have our own stresses too. And yes, I still drink, but only maybe one or two single Bud Lights a week, and sometimes I don't drink at all. If you want to, just narrow it down to one or two until you can completely stop. It's not an easy process, but I believe you can do it!
Change your friends, turn off the music, don't watch TV, and don't look back. If your looking for love then look up. All the love anyone needs is coming from above. Gotta have faith! The mass media is brain washing you to have sex, drink alcohol, and party till you puke, don't forget smoking. Now you know why I said turn it all off. Then look up and forward. Leave the misery behind you. Today is the beginning of the rest of a good life. Just do it!
Religion and exercise. And eating right. And sleeping right. Having motivation to do these things is a lot easier than getting the motivation to stop drinking. But those things lead to you stopping drinking.... I speak from experience friend.
Go to your school's counseling center and get referred to a hospital. You don't have to stay for 28 days like the movie. I stayed for a week and got tools that have kept me away from alcohol for nearly a year. You are not a ';Bad Person'; you have a helpable problem. Get help quickly before you hurt yourself or someone else. God bless you!
JESUS is you anser. i know im only 13, but its true. start reading the bible if you already dont. theres some pretty good stuff in there, try starting in Joel. you can find everything you need! ill pray for you! try praying as well..ask god to help you with your struggles, and he will! good luck!
stop drinking and change your life

No comments:

Post a Comment